Publicador de contenidos
The General Administration of Customs of China (GACC) announced that GACC Decree 249, Administrative Measures on Import and Export Food Safety, will enter into effect on January 1, 2022.
The new measure will replace several regulations with major changes highlighted below:
- Emphasizes that producers and operators are accountable for the safety of the food products they produce
- Introduces the concept of a conformity assessment, which covers the evaluation of foreign food safety management systems, the registration of overseas food export facilities, and required record filing by importers and exporters
- Requires food importers to establish a system for review of their suppliers, including overseas exporters and production facilities
- Elaborates on-site inspection procedures conducted by Customs at ports of entry; and
- Stipulates the potential control measures in response to food-related incidents overseas that may impact food safety in China.
Philippine exporters to China are strongly advised by the DTI to coordinate with their China